Tuesday, March 1

first non recipe post:

My sweet client, Libby, tagged me in this thing called a 4x4 memewhatever? Which is AWESOME because she featured me on her blog and that means a slightly larger crowd will slowly feel better about themselves by each post i make. So, I'm guessing I am so supposed to do it to. So dont go freaking out - I'm sure i'll burn something tonight.

1.) four places i go:

  • An Albert Luiz Salon & Spa  - this is the salon i work at. i never leave. did i mention i never leave? i dont.
  • Cedar Creek Bar - a great place in the heights that i love going on sundays. you sit in the grass/patio at picnic tables for hours on end drinking pitchers of beer and eating things like fried pickles and THIS --------------------->
  • Goodwill - about twice a month, i make my way into this moth ridden store and empty good old Gertrude's closet of high waisted skirts, silk cream blouses and shoulder padded jackets into mine.
  • Angleton, TX - this is where my parents live. they live on a lake in the country. my dog, jack, lives there and so does my sanity.
2.) four of my favorite smells:
  • gardenias (i had bushes upon bushes shipped in for my wedding)
  • l'occitane incense in "myrrhe oliban". unfortunately they dont make incense anymore. boo. i burn these on special occasions.
  • oil of olay fluid - it smells like my nana. the orignal pink formula. i inhale this extra deep when i can.
  • coffee. because, uh, who doesnt?
3.) four of my favorite movies/television shows:
  • american pickers - hands down! if you havne't watched this show, come over in the evening and it's more than likely on in my house.
  • the life of david gale - or basically ANY kevin spacey movie. dear lord, that man is amazing.
  • any raunchy comedy - we created the "raunchy comedy" category on netflix because we watch so much of it. like, superbad, anchorman, etc.
  • family guy - mondays have marathons. if you haven't seen it, google "peter griffin tries to cover a fart" or "tag body spray for sick cats". you'll thank me later.
4.) four recommendations:
  • on really bad days, ride home with your windows/sunroof down. drive slow.
  • spend time on yourself. the way you feel reflects on the way you look and visa versa. if you look good, you'll feel good. either way - whatever is important to you, it will reflect on itself.
  • do things for the sake of yourself. nothing else: "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." Albert Einstein
  • and live by love. once you do, the more free and fearless your actions will be.
5.) the four bloggers i recommend: 

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY FOR GREATNESS.
    When I was in middle school, my best friend's mom said burnt toast made your boobs bigger. I find this to be powerful advice and encouragement for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful!!!!!!1 PS i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete