Tuesday, April 26

jalapeno corn bread, ya hear?

ooh man this crap is awesome. there is a sweet little lady that lives next door to my parents and she makes this corn bread. the first time i had it was when she made too much and brought the left overs over to my parents. i think they got some, i dont remember, my mouth was full. well, when i got married she gave me the recipe as part of a gift. she hand wrote it and even laminated it. pretty darn cute. oh, and she also wrote "jalapena" instead of "jalapeno". extra cute. this is her recipe, word for word.


INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups corn meal
1/2 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs
2 tblsp jalapenas (from jar, chopped)
1 can creamed corn
3/4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tlbsp jalapena juice, to taste

















DIRECTIONS:
"I use an iron skillet and spray with Pam, then put oil in it to get hot in the oven. After oil gets hot, I pour it back in the mix."
(we did butter - we ran out of oil - same thing)







"Mix all ingredients and pour into skillet."

(i used a lot of jalapeno juice)



"Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Cool a few minutes before serving!"

No comments:

Post a Comment