Friday, April 22

my sweet aunt lee's strawberry delight

i spent the weekend in nachitoches, louisiana (where my family is from, roughly) with my aunts, cousins, sister, mother - well, my girls. my sweet lee makes this amazing strawberry delight and i only get it about once a year at our family reunion. WELL - she let out the recipe! well - not really -sort of what is in it and i snuck some photos while it was being put together.

she mixed a softened block of cream cheese with a small can of sweetened condensed milk. and then made whip cream from some heavy whipping cream with a little bit of sugar. the cake is chopped, store bought angel food cake. then, she chopped up a bunch of strawberries before hand and set in a bowl. sneaky photos to follow:










my sister and my aunts love it - as you can tell. slap that baby in the fridge, and it is so light and airy but it satisfies your sweet tooth. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment